Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Posted 2010-08-27 @ 13:27
Please check old youtube video from 2009. At this moment island is already done. I also gave link for this video to few other people on TS channel, and everybody agreed with me that island is very nice looking.
I have already good mission ideas for this map, and could get to work as soon as its on server. I'm leaving it up to you, but you most likely will agree with me, if you watched youtube video.
More info and download: http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=8215
Some more screenshots here: http://forums.bistud...&postcount=3380
Posted 2010-08-27 @ 13:44
Indicates some problems.
Music in the background?
* The structure population on the island is perfect. Any more than what is there and it would change the mood that is intentionally created there. I like the music but I agree with wolfrug that it should not be hardcoded into the island. Use them on your mod or Island anims but allow editors freewill in creativity.
* I noticed that some of the footfall sounds did not match the surface type, the wetlands had a lot of splashing on rock, while snow crunch was evident on grass near the hermits place.
* The bridge of sadness did not rest completely on the ground on the north slope. It also had some gliche to it that caused me to have to move side to side to exit it from the north (could be from not setting on the ground)
* Noticed the butt ends of the cross bracing on the fence textures were a bit too white. The ends of the logs looked good like that but not the 2x4's for some reason
* The open structure with the cross beam that divides it's center, disallows passing.
* The clouds are not moving for me (not sure if there is something I have to do)
* There is no readme on the fog addon and so I don't know how to implement it
* I am running no other mod but none of the objects with the exception of the wooden tower is showing up for me to use in the editor.
* The wind sound from atop the mountains seems as though it has no surround capability
* I concur with the others about the road being slower than the offroad areas
* Civilian number 1 has exposed white texture beneath his collar
* The downed bird texture looks like a white sandstone rather than a rusting metal there is also a glitch on the southern wing..I passed beneath it and ended up on top where I was lodged into the fuselage of the plane
* The northern most open structure that rest on the upper plateau just before descending toward the bay in the larger village...there are objects close to it's door which prevent entry
Nope. What he means is that some of the buildings have textures that are not of the size 2^n by 2^n (the example he posts is 1536, accepted sizes would be 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc etc ad infinitum).
Posted 2010-08-27 @ 14:16
Edit: I'm making small coop mission now, and then we could do some testing.
Posted 2010-08-27 @ 14:26
Posted 2010-08-27 @ 15:23
Already uploaded, please let me know when island is on the server, so I can play it too .
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users