Been working on an alternative seeder mission for a while and think now might be the time to share it. This mission is intended to present players an alternative to the other seeder missions found on UO that all share a common gameplay style. With this mission I tried to appeal to those who would rather have a more serious environment based off any other coop mission but which allows for great replayability, different objectives and where they can basically do whatever (following mission and server SOPs) while trying to seed the server.
I would like to use this thread to collect feedback to see how the mission concept turns out and how the playerbase received this mission. So if you happened to play it at some point, post comments, critics, pictures or feedback in here. Doesn't have to be of technical nature, you can also post a specific AAR from a specific playthrough.
So, what is this about?
The name is not intended to be ironic in any way. Expect this mission to move on slowly. It's intend is to attract players who like to do things by the book. Expect less shooting and more planning, preparing and communicating. It is basically a standard coop mission with the difference that you have a home base where you can always retreat to. You also got multiple objectives available that you can choose from. But nothing is stopping you from doing a foot patrol along some roads or the mountains.
Honest advice: If you enjoy the current default seeder "Coops" a lot, I advise not to load up this mission. You will probably get bored and when trying to do things fast in this mission, your experience will be very poor and not worth your time.
Objectives are custom made and exist from start on. Thus, there is no spawning of enemies and no suddenly appearing structures. All missions are randomized to some degree and thus gameplay experience can vary greatly. Missions are merely a suggestion to the players. You are basically free to do whatever you feel like doing as long as you follow the briefing guidelines.
Current available objectives:
- Retrieving a flight recorder
- Clearing IED's around populated areas
- Finding and destroying weapon caches
- Terrorist Hunt
- Supporting Local National Army
- Custom gear that fits each role nicely
- Limited supplies available (no additional weaponry and other fluff)
- Briefing areas with custom made textures for immersive in-game briefings
- Custom ACRE channel names and preset radio channels for all units (no channel switching required upon spawning)
- A selection of air and ground vehicles
- Great flexibility for CO's to execute the objectives the way they want
- Mission can also be played as a normal coop mission with 30-40 players