Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
TVT49 Spitroast v1
Posted 2017-03-03 @ 21:14
TVT49 Spitroast v1
This mission has an interesting concept but a rather underwhelming execution. My main gripes are with the briefing, it does not relay important information very well.
Problems for Opfor:
* Does not cleary state mission starting position. '15 boyz' is not a location, it's a boyband. Please elaborate the situation some more to include locations you can slap the marker link on so it makes more sense.
* Does not give PID for INDFOR. While possible lore wise, impossible to prevent with slotting meta.
* Does not ID Police Station or "Jail" buildings on map or referenced otherwise.
* The red chemlights don't appear to work.
* Generally too dark outside guard area. I understand this is intentional, please relay this in the briefing somehow.
* The end timer is unclear. Notes say the limit is 90 minutes, but the hard end limit is 60 in the script. Then there's a mention of 30m for ind/blu having the hostage, but I'm not sure if that's minutes or meters.
Lower the victory condition for opfor. Killing 100% of both opposing team is a stretch in most missions as is. I don't see a reason to drag the mission on. Reduce it to 80% or something.
And please change the loadscreen image and put your name in properly. I don't understand how this is acceptable.
Posted 2017-03-03 @ 21:30
Indfor brief does not state that they have transportation.
Posted 2017-03-04 @ 00:02
Blufor does not have ranks assigned. Everyone was a private.
Posted 2017-03-04 @ 00:23
The brief contains clickable markers which denotes the locations of the unit. When you click on it, it produces a big blue square giving you the location. Regardless I have added markers for you in case you forget.
Brief has been re-written to mention indfor.
Did the chemlights provide no illumination at all? They are vanilla chemlights so they should work, regardless v2 has been altered to be brighter.
I have relayed it in the brief that going outside the brightly lit area is at your own risk to make sure people know I am not responsible for where the CO places his units.
Please tell me where you are getting time limit 60 from. As per the mission settings time limit is set to 90 "FW_TimeLimit = 90; //Time limit in minutes, to disable the time limit set it to 0"
If you read the whole context of the sentence you would understand the 30m but it has been rewritten to clarify for you anyway.
All in all the brief has been adjusted to clarify certain issues in v2.
Posted 2017-03-04 @ 04:53
New version uploaded (V2).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users