Advance to Phase Line Red
Advance to Phase Line White (1/2)
Advance to Phase Line White (2/2)
Advance to Phase Line Blue
Green 2 Tank Commander feedback:
- Use of graphic control measures. The speed of communication on the company/platoon radio was greatly enhanced by the use of graphic control measures. We knew where the majority of friendlies were at any given time. We were also able to identify, report and action onto enemy contact very quickly through the use of target reference points (TRP).
- Direct fire control. Each of our advances enabled the company to have overlapping fields of fire. From phase line red to white, Green Platoon was able to bound with excellent over-watch from the other tank. Coordinated use of different fire patterns (frontal & cross) enabled tanks to clear TRPs from the max effective range of their weapon systems.
- Suppression of enemy on and around the objective. Green 2 made contact with an RPG equipped enemy fire team located on TRP 6. After the loss of a friendly M113, Green 2 was able to suppress and ultimately destroy three out of four enemy soldiers and deny them the ability to influence events on the OBJ.
*Can members of OPFOR provide comments as to the effectiveness of the other support by fire positions?
- Driver to Loader transition. After Green 2 became a mobility kill and without the ability to fix the track, the driver stayed in the driver seat. As a commander, I should have had him switch to the loader seat in order to use to M240.
- Rearrange radio nets. Normally Green 1 would have 2 radios. I’m not sure if he did. But breaking up the radio nets into platoon/company might have increased the effectiveness of direct fire planning as more intra-platoon cross-talk could occur.
- Battle damage reporting. I did not hear much reporting that dealt with what we actually destroyed. It is hard to asses how to proceed if we all don’t have a clear understanding of what we are actually up against.
*Friendly infantry squad at TRP 4. I’d like to hear some feedback from the infantry squad that dismounted at TRP 4. After the loss of the M113, you rallied up and went to TRP 3 then directly onto the OBJ. Would it have been best to do that from the start?
Edited by j0zh94, 2017-02-14 @ 10:47.