I'd like to publish here a new mod being developed by [FSF]Ian.
The mod lets both sides plan their waypoints in a web based mission planner, each side has it's own login so you can't see the other sides waypoints or annotations.
It's basically trying to work as a dynamic campaign works in BMS.
After [FSF]Ian had created the initial build of the online mission planner, I went on and asked him to add my half done mission save script so that on the end of each mission it would be possible to save and then continue whenever we would like.
He went on and fixed my script and also put it back into the online mission planner for planning new waypoints again. (Weekly rolling campaign anyone?)
Thanks to this mod and my save mission script we can now do weekly on going campaigns in DCS, we actualy tested a campaign that simulates the Russia Georgia war on 2008 last Wednesday and it is working excellent!
The process we are doing currently is:
1. Making a mission in the DCS mission editor by putting airplanes/choppers in airbases we want and spreading ground forces. (Ground forces can be shown in the online mission planner.
2. Loading the mission to the online mission planner.
3. Select 2 sides commanders which will issue "orders" to flight leaders.
4. Flight leaders on each side goes into the planner and frags the mission they want by setting the waypoints (soon setting the loadout would be possible as well).
5. Once all flight leaders from both sides give the green light, we save the mission back into a MIZ file and run it for a few hours between the 2 armies.
6. After a few hours we save the mission and load it back to the mission planner for replanning the next round.
This is working perfectly!
We also added the LotATC capability which upgraded it to much more realistic.
The mod - http://forums.eagle....ad.php?t=121145
Example of a tested mission -
The campaign we are running -
This could be a great addition for UOAF DCS as you guys do a weekly event which could be a rolling campaign instead of mission after mission.