This is meant to be read in 1 minute, as you can get the points by just reading the answers (as highlighted). For more context, look at the question. If you want more info on a particular point, click on the “show” button. From now on, you have no excuse for not knowing that the things listed below are not acceptable on our server. Above all, be mature, be respectful, and have fun.
Before the mission:
1) I'm on TeamSpeak and got everything running (tested my mods by logging into the training server, same password as the primary server). Should I just join a mission? Better not.If you are new to UO it’s best to wait for a new mission to start.
2) I’ve decided to JIP anyway and spawned in the base, away from all the action. Can I take a vehicle to link up with my team? NO! Do not, ever, take vehicles unless you are instructed to by your leader.
3) So I joined the waiting room. How long am I going to wait? Anything between one minute and a bit over an hour.
4) What can I talk in the waiting room? You can talk about anything, but be sensible.
Someone has announced new mission. Get down to the primary channel.
5) People might be voting for what kind of mission they want to play.
6) Can I continue the topic I had going in the waiting room? No. Help the mission to start quickly by keeping it quiet.
7) Now the mission had been chosen, do not slot before asked to.
8) What slots may I take? Stick to rifleman and similar infantry slots.
9) May I take a pilot slot? No, do not take a pilot slot. Period.
10) We have been taken to the map screen. What now? Why is everyone quiet? Wait for the plan. Read notes and study the map in the meantime. Keep chatter down, others are trying to read.
11) Leader is briefing and I don’t understand squat! Relax. Save your questions for after the briefing, preferably in-game.
12) I got in game and want to use chat for something. Should I? NO! Avoid using chat once in game at all costs.Side or global chat is only used for admin reasons. If you must, e.g. due to technical difficulties, use GROUP or vehicle chat.
13) Tell your leader you are new. Let him know. Even if you think you know what to do.
14) There is nothing to do, we are just waiting! Fine, then wait. Don’t do anything silly. Try to keep quiet or as low as possible.
15) Why should I keep quiet if I’m just waiting? Because: 1) other people may need to talk about things that are related to the mission and this can be hard with too much noise around them; and 2) maturity, remember?
16) In game I don’t know what to do! Just listen to your leader’s instructions. DO NOT run away on your own at any point during the mission.
17) My leader is yelling at me/us. Does it mean I screwed up? Is he mad? Probably not, but no matter what happens, do not yell back.
18) I need to ALT-TAB to have a look at something else. Can I do that? Yes, but be VERY careful or Arma will get you in trouble.
19) I just found an enemy body with lots of c00l equipment! Can I get his L337 rifle? No. Do not ever pick up enemy equipment. And do not leave your team to even look at it.
20) I just saw an empty enemy vehicle with big guns on it. May I use it and wipe out the enemy force? I’ll be a hero, right? No. Do not, ever, use enemy vehicles and assets.
21) I think the mission is over,is there anything else for us to do? Keep pulling security.
22) I’ve died and did not respawn. I can see other people playing though. Now what? You are in Spectator mode and are watching the mission unfold without you. Do not reconnect nor reslot to come back to the game. Just wait for next mission.
Remember: this Q&A will not make you a good player. It's intended to prevent you from being so bad a player that we need to remove you. We don't want that, and I assume neither do you. In order to perfect yourself and improve, check the further reading below. It's important. By becoming a more skilled and knowledgeable player, you will not only have much more fun with the time you spend here but you will also help everyone around you to have more fun too!
- Welcome to UO
- Gameplay guide, a *must read*.
- Bans SOPs (list of what will get you banned, and for how long).
- UO Charter
- Technical guide
- Training schedule - take full advantage of our training!
Edited by luizsilveira, 2013-03-03 @ 08:10.