Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Categories See All →
ACRE 2.1 has reached it's current RC and test build. This update is a pretty large feature update of which we have been running many of the affected hot-fixes in our daily builds.
For those that have not been participating in the recent testing or have been away a highlight of the changes is as follows.
- New Radios - AN/PRC-152 & ANPRC-117F
- New Radio Distortion Model - Radio messages have a more authentic distortion and loss model that affects the audio quality of what you hear.
- New Radio Distortion - Incoming squawks have been removed - You will now hear a proper click/static on incoming messages.
- Vehicle Crew Intercoms - Not affected by Distortion Model Changes.
- Audio Occlusion - Bushes/Trees/Grass and other soft objects no longer directly block Voices. Custom Objects that are defined properly are not affected.
- AN/PRC-343 - Multi-Squawk/Dropping of signal no longer causes chain repeat broadcasting.
- Improved User Rights Permissions - You now are no longer required to run as administrator, infact you should try to not elevate the program if you are having issues (Teamspeak and ArmA3)
- Improved Named Pipe - Pipe connection, stability and creation has been improved. No more stutter on loss of connection with Teamspeak nor Pipe.
- Radio Interface Improvements - Radios may be double clicked from inventory to open each individually.
- Radio Interface Improvements - Radios no longer are required to be Placed in the Radio Slot, they may be anywhere in your inventory. (Backpack Radios belong in Backpacks).
- Teamspeak End Mission Muting - Local Muting changes now unmute all clients.
- Teamspeak Settings - For those with the low volume bug with Teamspeak, ACRE can now Pre and Post Mix audio levels to avoid the Low Volume Bug, if you are affected. (Not Required with JVON)
UOAF is kicking off the launch of their new dedicated servers by hosting the first ever Dynamic Campaign in DCS: Mig-21BIS!
Check it out!
More Info: HERE
Come join us to help test and maybe play a game or three. JVON is designed to be a drop-in replacement for VON - this will not require any addon or plugin installation. No modifying your current build or setup. We will be testing JVON's ability to handle multiple people, radios, and multiple speakers at the same time. Stability and usability are the goals of the test and if we can - we'll play some missions.
This test will require users to download JVON and connect to the server without the Teamspeak 3 Plugins Loaded.
The Download Links will be provided for those testing on Server 4.
Testing will start at 0100z. (5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern, 1am GMT)
Click here to view the article
Due to the high probability of shutdown on 21/10/14, we will be holding an event to relive the glory days of the arma 2 primary server. Missions will be a mix of tvts and coops, but all classics. This will be the final sendoff for the server before we step into arma 3, and everyone is welcome to come play. Please ensure your ACRE and Mods are working. We'll be around to help out an hour before the start of the event, and a few fixes are suggested in the following post: Link
UnitedOperations - Steel Beasts on Saturday, 30th of July @ 2100 ZULU.
This week's mission is episode 5 of the "Brave Rifles" campaign series, featuring an understrength US armored cavalry troop attacking to establish blocking positions and conduct follow-on reconnaissance.
UnitedOperations - Steel Beasts on Saturday, 23rd of July @ 2100 ZULU.
This week's mission is Austrian Fire Brigade 1_v1, by KAreil. An Austrian mech-heavy company of 9 x Ulan and 3 x Leo 2A4 races to support and defend a beleaguered outpost held by a small allied German infantry detachment.
Welcome to the ACRE2 Public Beta release! I hope you are as excited as I am to finally have this project out and in the wild! For those who are not familiar with ACRE from Arma 2 or the semi-public port of ACRE1 to Arma 3, ACRE is a full fledged communications suite for Arma, allowing realistic radio and voice communications through Teamspeak 3. The original ACRE released in the Summer of 2010 set the bar for communications in the Arma series and allowed what was once the tedious and long task of organizing Teamspeak or Ventrilo channels, with multiple whisper lists and no direct communications between groups, to be reduced to a natural implementation in a single Teamspeak channel. All players are able to speak with each other directly or use in game configurable radios to communicate at longer distances providing unparalleled immersion in the Arma series.
For installation please install PWS and import the ArmA3 Repository
Teamspeak 3.0.16 or greater is currently supported.
Click here to view the article
UnitedOperations - Steel Beasts on Saturday, 16 of July @ 2200 ZULU.
Mission : Mission this week is a mod of Zipuli's "Hasty Delay" -- an understrength Swedish mechanized company is tasked with delaying the vanguard of an enemy regiment to cover the retreat of friendly units.
This is a smaller mission, so there is a good chance for some multi-crewed vehicle action!
UnitedOperations - Steel Beasts on Saturday, 19th of July @ 2200 ZULU.
Mission : 1 COY will ATTACK within bounds to DESTROY enemy forces and TAKE the narrow woods north of CHURCHILL in order to stabilize the FLOT and establish OVERWATCH of highway 7.
Intent : The company will attack decisively from the line of departure to Phase Line Rainier, destroying the enemy in a meeting engagement before they can improve their positions. 1 Platoon will lead the company along route Spokane before attacking southeast to secure the southern half of phase line Olympus. 2 Platoon will attack east to secure the northern half of phase line Olympus. 1 and 2 platoon will lead the company maneuvering east within bounds to phase line Baker with 4 and 3 platoon following and assuming respectively. 1 Platoon will establish a battle position on phase Line Baker while 2 and 3 platoons continue their attack east to phase line Index and 4 platoon bypasses to conduct an attack on Churchill. Endstate will be the company deployed in a defense along phase line Rainier overwatching highway 7.